The main function of the position is to assist the Store Manager in running the store successfully by organizing daily operations. The Store Manager gives instruction to assistant managers and assistant managers work directly with store clerks and serves customers. The Assistant Manager seeks direction from the Store Manager.
A more detailed list of responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Handle elevated customer service matters, such as questions and complaints, in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep an open and positive relationship with store associates and communicate expectations clearly.
- Praise store clerks for a job well-done frequently and publicly. Address any concerns with management and store clerks to the Store Manager and ask for instruction on how to properly address the matter.
- Assist in creating the work schedule for store employees. Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed at all times.
- Solve 90% of issues when they arise while adhering to company policy.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and visually-appealing store. Train employees on proper store appearance standards.
- Increase customers’ adoption and usage of the AppCard Loyalty Program.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store and securing all store assets.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and strictly follow loss prevention policies.
- 100% accountability for honest maintenance of product inventory and store finances.
- Perform floor duties such as operating the register, helping customers find items, and keeping the store tidy.
- Flexible and adaptable – We are constantly refining our company procedures to operate more efficiently and better serve our customers. The candidate must be able to understand and incorporate new processes seamlessly and quickly.
- Teachable – The regional manager and store manager delegate responsibilities to the assistant managers, review the manager’s work, and offer feedback. The candidate must be open to input and willing to learn.
- Driven – The candidate must be confident in making decisions based off of policy and performing tasks without being micromanaged. The candidate should be a self-starter and take ownership of solving problems.
- Winsome Leader – The candidate must be likeable and able to garner the respect necessary to effectively lead the assistant managers and store clerks.
- The candidate must have the ability to proficiently use and learn certain technologies: Microsoft Office, Clover POS System, Homebase Scheduling App, Email, Asana, Phone
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time while managing the store
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. and bend, reach, squat, etc. as necessary for restocking merchandising and cleaning the store
- Full-time position (40+ hours per week)
- Must be able to work weekends
- Affordable Health Insurance (optional)
- 100% Company paid Life Insurance
- Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance (optional)
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Employee purchase and phone programs
- No evening (8pm+) hours
- Work with a fun, close-knit group
- Potential opportunities for promotion
Weekly: $10.00-$10.50 /hour to start
|Job Category||Currently Available|